JOHN EMMETT WALKER - 1905-1977 Biography
by Yvonne Bennett
John Emmett WALKER married Jerusha BRADBURY. I believe his name was John Emmett but am not certain. They lived in Cleburne County, Alabama.
They had several children, but I only know the family of one of the sons. His name was John Emmett WALKER (born 8/19/05 and died 7/2/77). He married Leona WEATHERS (born 6/24/08 and died 8/8/90). They had seven children and lived in the Hopewell community of Cleburne County. He was a farmer who loved to fish. Their children are:
1. Joe Cephus WALKER b. 7/9/31 lives in Heflin, Alabama. (Cleburne County). Married Glyndle CAMPBELL. Two children, David WALKER and Dale WALKER
2. Clara Marie WALKER. Married Robert WATSON. No children. Her birthdate is 1/3/33. Her husband was murdered as he worked on his farm in Hopewell by a man who had ridden his school bus when he drove a bus years before. She lives in Ranburne, Alabama presently.
3. Mary Elizabeth WALKER. b. 2/1/34 married Kirby WHITE. Lives in Heflin, Alabama presently. They had Randall WHITE, Ronald WHITE, Shelia WHITE, Terry WHITE.
4. Dorothy Nell WALKER b. 9/16/35. She married Frank COOK. He is deceased. She lives in Heflin, Alabama. They had two children, Sharon COOK and Sandra COOK MINTER.
5. Catherine WALKER b. 2/12/38. Married Rev. Kenneth L. FORSYTH. Live in Heflin, Alabama. They have two children, Kenneth Wayne FORSYTH and Yvonne Forsyth BENNETT.
6. Johnny Jasper WALKER b. 8/27/39. Married Sue BLANTON. Lives in Alexander City, Alabama, works for Russell Industries. They have one son, Grant WALKER of Birmingham, Alabama.
7. Travis Lewis WALKER b/10/23/45. Married Sue WALKER the first time, married Eleanor ? presently. He and Sue had one child, Scott WALKER. Scott has three children, one son Braiden, and twins Ainsley (girls) and Austin WALKER (boy).
Leona and John Emmett are buried at Union Hill Baptist Church, Hwy. 46, Ranburne, Alabama, Cleburne County. Jerusha Bradbury WALKER and her husband are probably also buried there. The graves are marked. There are several other WALKERS buried there also.
Submitted By: "Yvonne Bennett" <ybennett @ email.msn.com>
|This information is provided for the free use of those engaged in non-commercial genealogical research. Any commercial use is strictly prohibited.|